The cost for a marriage license is $76.00 payable by cash, money order/cashier’s checks, or Visa or MasterCard credit/debit cards (processing fees apply).
If you have had at least 6 hours of marriage counseling, you may receive a license at the reduced fee of $36.00. In order to receive the reduced fee, you must have your counselor complete the certificate provided by the Probate Court (Certificate of Premarital Counseling).
Marriage License Applications will be accepted on normal business days between the hours of 8:00 am – 4:00 pm.
- Both parties must present a photo I.D. and must show proof of age. We accept as proof of age the following documents: certified birth certificate (with official translation if not in English), passport, driver’s license, or military I.D.
- You must be 18 years of age or older in order to obtain a marriage license without parental consent.
- If either applicant is 16 or 17 years of age, they may still obtain a marriage license but, in order to do so, they must have a certified copy of their birth certificate and they must be accompanied by both parents or their legal permanent guardian.
- In the event the underage applicant’s parents are divorced, the parent consenting to the marriage must present certified documentation that they have full legal custody of the underage applicant. If one of the parents is deceased, a certified death certificate must be provided.
- A marriage license can not be issued to anyone under the age of 16.
- If either applicant has been married previously, they must present proof that the previous marriage was dissolved, either by divorce or death. Proof of dissolution must be either a copy of their Final Judgment and Decree of Divorce for the last divorce which shows that it was signed by a Judge and filed in office or a certified death certificate. In the event either document is not in English, you will need to provide a certified translation.
- If both applicants reside outside the State of Georgia, they must get married in the county in which they purchase their license.
Click here to Apply Online
Click Here to Search Recorded Marriage Licenses
Click Here to Order a Certified Copy of Marriage License
Certificate of Premarital Education
Marriage Certificate Copies
Marriage Record Search: $10.00
Misc. Copies: $1.00 per page
Certificate (certified copy) $10.00